Senior Infrastructure Engineer
This exciting role will allow the candidate to advance their core server and networking infrastructure skills whilst gaining experience of working in a fast paced and rapidly changing IT environment. It is ideally suited to an ambitious IT infrastructure professional keen to invest in new skills for their future career who will share our core values:
- We seek Fair and balanced relationships
- We are Passionate about getting things done
- We want to Learn about new ideas
- We have Fun together and support one another
- We Care about doing a brilliant job
- If we Delight our clients we’ll succeed
Main purpose of the role
You will ensure our client facing services excel by supporting network, server and end user infrastructure whilst developing and deploying systems to automate and improve efficiency of our management tools. The candidate will also be expected to consult with clients to help them use their IT systems as effective business tools.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Infrastructure management and project implementation, primarily in central London (Blackfriars) onsite at a prestigious Pro Drive client. This part of the role will account for about 60-70% of the time.
- Cloud and infrastructure support and management for our client base. This part of the role will be based in our Guildford office and will account for about 30%-40% of the time.
- Proactively improving customer networks
- Troubleshooting issues escalated from the service desk.
- Taking technical lead on IT projects
- Rotation on a 24/7 on call schedule
- Work with the team to help grow our business
- Delivering exceptional levels of customer satisfaction
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience in a 2nd line or higher IT support role with a strong infrastructure focus
- Experience in managing, troubleshooting and deploying:
- Active Directory & Windows Server
- Azure Active Directory
- Exchange Server
- Office 365 Exchange Online and SharePoint
- Remote Desktop Services & App-V
- Cisco Firewalls and Switches
- Watchguard Firewalls
- Datto backup and recovery devices
- Storagecraft backup and recovery services
- Autotask or Connectwise Service Management System
- RMM systems
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Experience of working at a Managed Service Provider
- Experience of working with a change management process
Don’t forget we have a great package of benefits. View them all here!
£38K-£42K depending on experience