How to grow your business: roundtable for SME Auditor & Accountancy practices
September 8, 2021 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
The event aims to help firms discuss ways to optimise opportunities for growth; this is, of course, set against the backdrop of the coronavirus pandemic and the review of audit by Sir Donald Brydon.
SME auditor/accountancy firms are attempting to ‘build back stronger’ and be better equipped to face tomorrow’s challenges. This roundtable provides a forum to consider the opportunities presented by audit reform and the requirement to meet the highest standards of reporting.
Why you should join this roundtable
YOU can help shape the conversation but, broadly, what will be covered? Topics like:
- How can SME auditors/accountants get in front of new prospects?
- How can auditors equip themselves to be ready to service extra demand previously catered for by bigger firms?
- What do reforms mean in terms of business accountability, internal controls, and directors’ reporting?
- Our guest speaker is Jonathan Graham, Senior Manager of Hamlyns chartered accountants.
- Greg Jones from Datto will consider cybersecurity implications, risks and solutions.
- Bruce Penson, Managing Director of Pro Drive IT will be facilitating.
Sir Donald Brydon’s 2019 review into the quality and effectiveness of audit was the result of an invitation by government following a string of corporate scandals. It considered how the audit process and product could be developed to better serve the needs of users and the wider public interest. It recommended that the purpose of audit be clearly defined in law and regulation as “to help establish and maintain deserved confidence in a company, in its directors and in the information for which they have responsibility to report, including the financial statements.”