Windows 8.1, the long awaited update to Microsoft’s flagship operating system, is now available. Pro Drive clients running Windows 8 can obtain this new release which is available as a managed update from us as of today.
The release was launched to address some of the standard user concerns noticed on the original version of Windows 8. In particular, the update restores the start button and allows a computer to boot up with a traditional desktop interface.
The changes in 8.1 include:
- Start button – tapping once on this brings up the tiled interface and a long press opens up system controls
- Desktop mode – lets people avoid the tiled interface entirely
- Keyboard shortcuts – removes the need to toggle between different on-screen keyboards when typing numbers and letters
- Gesture control – some applications, such as those for cooking, can now be paged through without touching a screen
- Tile sizing – the blocks on the touchscreen interface can be in one of four sizes
- Web browsing – Windows 8 machines will now display separate web pages side by side
Why wouldn’t you be interested in Windows 8.1? Call our sales team on 0330 124 3599